So I have to share: 11/30: I am 7w4days and our first scan shows 2 yolk sacs, 1 fetal pole.…
So I have to share:
11/30: I am 7w4days and our first scan shows 2 yolk sacs, 1 fetal pole. Measuring 6w and 6w4d (sac only), all in the same gestational sac.
12/5: I am 8 w, second scan shows one fetus measuring 5w6d (now we didnt have the first scan details to share with the tech so I dont think she was looking closer for this twin). Report says there is a HB (111) but we never heard or saw it, though we saw the structure that was to be the heart. They put my due date at 8/1 (impossible since we last BD 10/24 aside from the fact that we were using OPK and got a positive 11/6)
12/10: I started bleeding randomly with heavy cramping. Called the doc, was seen (cervix closed) and they did a third scan at what should be 8w5d (6w4d based on their official dating US). Here they seen 2 fetuses, and a THIRD yolk sac. No heartbeats. They are doing a 48hr beta HCG draw right now and then will scan again next week if that comes back increased.
We have no idea what to think at this point, the doctors are stunned and kept saying "this isn't a normal pregnancy" which I couldn't tell if they meant something was legitimately wrong or it was just not a singleton pregnancy. Time will tell, I just thought I would share this mind twister with you all!

Beaky Mcspence·
В ожидании первенца
If your measuring that far behind from the original dating scan it doesn’t sound like there’s growth?
You also said no heartbeats at all which there would be at the gestation you should be.
If there’s no heart beats and measuring behind this sadly doesn’t sound like a viable pregnancy from the information your giving im sorry 😥
Penelope ·
I’m so sorry. 😔 it doesn’t look good if there was a heartbeat, and your last ultrasound there was none.
Courtney Z·
Honestly I am prepared either way, the doctors seemed to think the multiples aspect explained the size differences but I have thought all the same things. The blood tests will tell us whether it's still progressing and another scan with show if there is growth or not. The fact that there was no fetal pole with B and then there was gave me hope. I am kind of doubting the heard the HB, like I said we sat and watched the heart for a solid 5 min and didnt see any movement so I dont know. Maybe I'm explaining away in hope but it's still just a super weird situation. I am not emotional about it at this point, it's in God's hands right now.
Courtney Z··
@beakymcspence I'm very concerned about infection, I had retained placenta with my daughter and it makes me so nervous to have to go through all that again. It's just the waiting that is brutal.
They did note a SCH which may explain mondays bleed. I had that with my son and spotted the whole first tri.
Beaky Mcspence··
В ожидании первенца
so we have no idea if anyone saw a HB yesterday?
Beaky Mcspence··
В ожидании первенца
ohhh so they called yesterday I get it now. Inbox me babe so we aren’t having this whole convo on your feed!
Melissa ·
Мама сына (3 года), беременна (37 нед.)
@cdquint02
Update?
Courtney Z··
I wont know until Thursday/Friday. They are doing a 48 hr beta and my second draw is tomorrow.
Tia Tufts·
Мама сына (3 года), беременна (4 нед.)
Fingers crossed for you. This sounds like a very confusing situation.
Martina Jones·
Мама двоих (2 года, 3 года)
Any word yet?
Courtney Z·
They posted my Tuesday blood results: 29,853. Still waiting on today's and results. Nurse said "late evening at the earliest". So I wait.
Courtney Z·
My levels stayed 'roughly the same', they are having me repeat it tomorrow and if it doesn't increase they will have confirmed their suspicion of an MC
Courtney Z·
Not sure if anyone is following this but my numbers increased from 30k to 48k today. They scheduled a final scan Tuesday. If HB then we are a go, if not the D&C will be Wednesday.
Ayshia Mendoza·
Многодетная мама (5 детей)
Praying 🙏😞
Martina Jones·
Мама двоих (2 года, 3 года)
New update yet?
Courtney Z·
Scan is tomorrow at 3. They posted 12/10 scans and it looks like there was growth between the second and third scan which is promising. We will just have to see, I am still praying!
Courtney Z·
They scheduled my consult for tomorrow, no heartbeats or growth were detected yesterday. We are coming to terms with this loss and hopefully will be able to move on from here. I am devastated, we wanted these twins more than anything but God had other plans. Thank you everyone for your support, thoughts, and prayers! Hopefully I'll be back sometime next year.
Martina Jones··
Мама двоих (2 года, 3 года)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you ❤