Проблемы с получением помощи для дочери с задержкой речи
So the ADOS pointed at autism but the dr says she will not give the diagnosis and says,"It's good news". Supposedly dd is "normal" with "communication delays and speech impairment". But then she wants her to go to a specialized school that is for special needs children. If she she is "normal", not "special" why would she push so hard for a $17,000 a year "special needs" school? That was after first saying she should be put back in school and we should consider public school, not homeschooling, but I told her public school is not an option. After dd had her soeech evaluation in August they told me they would have to scheudle for the foest week of September or later. I said that the first week of September would give me rimw to welcome the baby and get dd settled into a routine with school,but they never called. I called Monday and Tuesday, and they couldn't accommodate me, said they'd call back. Had the dr appt yesterday, and suddenly now thyw have the times I wanted when dd was in school that "weren't an option". I told the dr yesterday I have lost confidence in her organization and no longer trust their opinions, we'll be seeking outside opinions. I'm over this whole thing. I'm tired of teying to get my dd help from so called professionals just to tackle the issues myself and eith better results. Argh!!! Encouragement and kindness needed, please!
So Royal·
Мама сына (2 года), беременна (27 нед.)
Interesting, did they at least talk about speech therapy options, since that's the route they're considering? Have you taken her to a psychologist/psychiatrist to get the expertise of a mental health professional? If not, that could be a good next step. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, sometimes those we trust to help aren't very helpful. I hope you can find ways to help her ❤️
So Royal··
Мама сына (2 года), беременна (27 нед.)
@xryztalroze they do sound unprofessional and disorganized, smh. All that you've mentioned makes no sense. Can you find someone else to do another evaluation?
XryztalRoze··
I'm trying. Sadly this is the same group their pediatrician is with and the largest group in our area. This group owns the hospital and everything... 😭
So Royal··
Мама сына (2 года), беременна (27 нед.)
you might just have to go out of your area 😩
Heather·
I'd get a second opinion! I'm so sorry sister! Will had a behavioral and development screening a week ago, waiting on the results from it now. He's already in speech as you know but I'm pushing for his doctor to order occupational therapy too, his speech therapist thinks he will benefit from it and I agree. Praying you get something figured out soon💐
XryztalRoze··
Thank you. Prayer is the only answer at this point....