I would think that would be a first option rather than the c section. Im nit taking about being induced now or anything. She did mention if we were to go with csection it would be around 37 wks. That's why I was why not an induction.
I'm only 5'2" and all of my baby boys have been 10 to 10.5 lbs. have had them all vaginal. My daughter was the runt at 9 lbs! Lol. Also this time around my baby already weighed 7 lbs 6 oz at 35 weeks, and they just said that looks like another big one! Is ask to be induced a little early so that baby doesn't get terribly big but not so soon that he it she is underdeveloped. Good luck!
There have been studies recently that indicate that labor is good for babe, jump starts their metabolisms. And studies that indicate benefits from exposure to the bacteria in the birth canal.
I'm so sorry your dr has put you in a position to decide this, but 3 of the 4 last babies born in my circle of friends were over 9lbs and all 3 were vaginal. One a VBAC! I'd talk to your dr about what risks she sees and if those risks really outweigh the benefits of vaginal delivery.
Exactly katena I will have to ask her I'm pretty tall and my body I would think can handle it. Idk why.she would instantly jump into a csection. It's something that I have to talk to her about. Thanks again ladies!! (:
deleted-user·
You don't want to be induced too early. If baby's gaining fast you may (not for sure) need a section.
deleted-user·
It's very hard to say. I would personally want to give birthing baby a go. I have a fairly petite friend who's had 11lbs babies no issues.
I also had gd with my first and they thought he was going to be 11 or 12lbs!! I was induced and had an assisted vaginal birth. He was only 9 lbs 1oz.
I'd ask your dr about being induced / vaginal deliveries and see if there are any other reasons apart from size. :-)
deleted-user·
I'd want to be induced first as well. I'd say ask why that's not an option.
deleted-user·
I would be scared of c section also , I would tell doc you would rather be induced and try that first .
Lolae25·
I would think that would be a first option rather than the c section. Im nit taking about being induced now or anything. She did mention if we were to go with csection it would be around 37 wks. That's why I was why not an induction.
deleted-user·
You can say no! I think your doctor is just being an ass
deleted-user·
I'm only 5'2" and all of my baby boys have been 10 to 10.5 lbs. have had them all vaginal. My daughter was the runt at 9 lbs! Lol. Also this time around my baby already weighed 7 lbs 6 oz at 35 weeks, and they just said that looks like another big one! Is ask to be induced a little early so that baby doesn't get terribly big but not so soon that he it she is underdeveloped. Good luck!
Lolae25·
Thank you ladies I'm going to have to talk to my doc next weeks appt.
deleted-user·
There have been studies recently that indicate that labor is good for babe, jump starts their metabolisms. And studies that indicate benefits from exposure to the bacteria in the birth canal.
I'm so sorry your dr has put you in a position to decide this, but 3 of the 4 last babies born in my circle of friends were over 9lbs and all 3 were vaginal. One a VBAC! I'd talk to your dr about what risks she sees and if those risks really outweigh the benefits of vaginal delivery.
Lolae25·
Exactly katena I will have to ask her I'm pretty tall and my body I would think can handle it. Idk why.she would instantly jump into a csection. It's something that I have to talk to her about. Thanks again ladies!! (: