I would wait it out! At our hospitals here we rarely get the same OB but they're all wonderful. We also have private rooms at my hospital and I really couldn't imagine having to share, I think that would be a really unenjoyable experience right after giving birth. Go for long walks, and have lots of sex. My midwife said to have as much sex as i can and leave it to 'marinate' ? as apparently semen releases the hormone that brings on labour and dilation. Also my sister swears that you need to keep nesting until absolutely everything is ready, then baby will come. Good luck whatever you decide to go with though. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you won't need the induction! ?
@mamagunn thanks for the reply!!! I've been leaning towards canceling my induction but it's so tempting to keep it, knowing I can have a baby in a week and I tend to forget all the downfalls this induction would cause lol. This week I will defiently be forcing hubby to work, he ain't getting away that easily!! With 3 kiddos at home it's tough to find time alone but now I'll be determined to find the time! Thanks for the advice!!
The shared recovery room would be a deal breaker for me. I can't imagine. I would try some self induction methods first. I understand the fear of a big baby but I think I would shoot for the other hospital
@cslashe i defiently dont want to share a room, I'm just so nervous about ever going overdue. I went to that hospital with my first, and it was horrible. The other family sharing the room was very nosy and her husband snored all night!!! any natural methods you would recommend?
If you have the choice wait it out mama your body will do amazing things if your just nervous about little ones size. If I had the choice id love to just let nature do it's thing unfortunately my Dr didn't give me the choice it's be induced or have a cesarean. Good luck in whatever you choose and I know it's been said but lots of sex and walking will bring on labor .
I would wait til baby comes out on their own. I couldn’t imagine sharing a room with another lady especially when you have your husband there etc. I’ve always had the doctor on call deliver my babies. I hope everything works out in your favor.
I'd wait it out on the induction, but I'd start trying natural methods earlier than the day before your due date. So if you are due on the 7th, start on the 4th or something like that. It can either happen right away or it can take a few days for your body to get into gear. What worked for me both times before (even though it wasn't planned) was getting a pedicure and having sex. First baby I was put into labor 12 hours later, second baby my water broke 4 hours later.
I’d wait it out, too. The shared room sounds absolutely awful to me...especially a shared bathroom. Hard pass on that when I’m bleeding & moving slow!! Plus I think you’d be be surprised what your body can do...I hope whatever you decide is a nice experience for you & hubs.
Ladies I was so hesitant to post, and honestly I figured the long post would turn people off and no one would reply. I seriously appreciate your feedback and now I realize this choice was a no brainer, I am going to cancel my appointment to get induced. This has been bothering me since I seen my ob but now I see how silly it is to chose induction especially when recovery is in a shared room. Thanks so much Ladies!!!
Wait it out u still have time u don’t want to put too much stress on ur body especially in labor, I went in labor all by myself 2 days ago and I was a week and 1 day over due even if baby is more than 9lbs or more am sure u could push baby out u have done it before these are the things I did at home:eat dates, eat pineapple with the core, bounce on ball, sex,squats but included deep squats and I’ll do it every 2-3 mins and I had my midwife sweep my membrane as well, but I really believe the deep squats with breathing down help because the night I did it I went in labor around 4am the next day, I really hope baby comes soon but best advice is let baby decide and ur body decides when it’s time?
I shared a room after my first baby. Wasn’t my favourite but i was pretty lucky with how it worked out, especially the bathroom situation. I came into the room around midnight having already showered in the birth suite with a catheter in as I had an epidural and they left it overnight. The other lady left to go home the following morning so I then had the bathroom and the rest of the room to myself all day until another lady came in around midnight, she had a catheter in as she had a cesarean and I left that morning before she was using the bathroom as well. So only really shared the room for sleeping and didn’t share the bathroom at all. Glad I won’t be sharing a room this time but it really was fine last time. I totally understand being concerned about going over when you have big babies. I’m scared about having another 9lb baby too! If you really like your obstetrician and trust they will make the right decisions and are open to having a cesarean if they think it’s a better option I’m sure you’ll be fine to wait as well...
deleted-user·
I would wait it out! At our hospitals here we rarely get the same OB but they're all wonderful. We also have private rooms at my hospital and I really couldn't imagine having to share, I think that would be a really unenjoyable experience right after giving birth. Go for long walks, and have lots of sex. My midwife said to have as much sex as i can and leave it to 'marinate' ? as apparently semen releases the hormone that brings on labour and dilation. Also my sister swears that you need to keep nesting until absolutely everything is ready, then baby will come. Good luck whatever you decide to go with though. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you won't need the induction! ?
Kristina·
@mamagunn thanks for the reply!!! I've been leaning towards canceling my induction but it's so tempting to keep it, knowing I can have a baby in a week and I tend to forget all the downfalls this induction would cause lol. This week I will defiently be forcing hubby to work, he ain't getting away that easily!! With 3 kiddos at home it's tough to find time alone but now I'll be determined to find the time! Thanks for the advice!!
deleted-user·
The shared recovery room would be a deal breaker for me. I can't imagine. I would try some self induction methods first. I understand the fear of a big baby but I think I would shoot for the other hospital
Kristina·
@cslashe i defiently dont want to share a room, I'm just so nervous about ever going overdue. I went to that hospital with my first, and it was horrible. The other family sharing the room was very nosy and her husband snored all night!!! any natural methods you would recommend?
deleted-user·
If you have the choice wait it out mama your body will do amazing things if your just nervous about little ones size. If I had the choice id love to just let nature do it's thing unfortunately my Dr didn't give me the choice it's be induced or have a cesarean. Good luck in whatever you choose and I know it's been said but lots of sex and walking will bring on labor .
deleted-user·
I would wait til baby comes out on their own. I couldn’t imagine sharing a room with another lady especially when you have your husband there etc. I’ve always had the doctor on call deliver my babies. I hope everything works out in your favor.
deleted-user·
I'd wait it out on the induction, but I'd start trying natural methods earlier than the day before your due date. So if you are due on the 7th, start on the 4th or something like that. It can either happen right away or it can take a few days for your body to get into gear. What worked for me both times before (even though it wasn't planned) was getting a pedicure and having sex. First baby I was put into labor 12 hours later, second baby my water broke 4 hours later.
deleted-user·
I’d wait it out, too. The shared room sounds absolutely awful to me...especially a shared bathroom. Hard pass on that when I’m bleeding & moving slow!! Plus I think you’d be be surprised what your body can do...I hope whatever you decide is a nice experience for you & hubs.
Kristina·
Ladies I was so hesitant to post, and honestly I figured the long post would turn people off and no one would reply. I seriously appreciate your feedback and now I realize this choice was a no brainer, I am going to cancel my appointment to get induced. This has been bothering me since I seen my ob but now I see how silly it is to chose induction especially when recovery is in a shared room. Thanks so much Ladies!!!
deleted-user·
Wait it out u still have time u don’t want to put too much stress on ur body especially in labor, I went in labor all by myself 2 days ago and I was a week and 1 day over due even if baby is more than 9lbs or more am sure u could push baby out u have done it before these are the things I did at home:eat dates, eat pineapple with the core, bounce on ball, sex,squats but included deep squats and I’ll do it every 2-3 mins and I had my midwife sweep my membrane as well, but I really believe the deep squats with breathing down help because the night I did it I went in labor around 4am the next day, I really hope baby comes soon but best advice is let baby decide and ur body decides when it’s time?
deleted-user·
How is the pain, mama? Any better?
deleted-user·
I shared a room after my first baby. Wasn’t my favourite but i was pretty lucky with how it worked out, especially the bathroom situation. I came into the room around midnight having already showered in the birth suite with a catheter in as I had an epidural and they left it overnight. The other lady left to go home the following morning so I then had the bathroom and the rest of the room to myself all day until another lady came in around midnight, she had a catheter in as she had a cesarean and I left that morning before she was using the bathroom as well. So only really shared the room for sleeping and didn’t share the bathroom at all. Glad I won’t be sharing a room this time but it really was fine last time. I totally understand being concerned about going over when you have big babies. I’m scared about having another 9lb baby too! If you really like your obstetrician and trust they will make the right decisions and are open to having a cesarean if they think it’s a better option I’m sure you’ll be fine to wait as well...