Depends. Which one feels like it will be more long term? And which one do you think you'll enjoy more. If there is a chance you'd prefer to stay, then totally try. He can only say no and perhaps he'd be willing to beat their offer.
Assuming the new place has a better system in place for reviews and raises, you can go into that job expecting to receive regular pay increases. However, if your current job decides to match or slightly beat your other offer so they can keep you, most likely that will be the last raise you see for a long time, unless your current company commits to restructuring how they operate.
I would just go. My husbands done this before. Made promises to do this and that to further his career so he gave up on one opportunity. They never went through with things they said so he walked away from it
I would talk to the new manager and let them know you were offered better benefits and money. If you want to stay then ask for the same stuff. If not then just give your notice. I'd always go with what is best for me and my family
Thank you for your suggestions! I'm going to talk to the new manager in the morning and see what they want to do. If they don't bat an eye to a better offer then I'll probably stay. If they can't match the new job I guess I'll be starting in 2 weeks lol
deleted-user·
I would, because you have nothing to lose it seems. If they can't do anything more for you then you can just move on to the new job.
deleted-user·
Depends. Which one feels like it will be more long term? And which one do you think you'll enjoy more. If there is a chance you'd prefer to stay, then totally try. He can only say no and perhaps he'd be willing to beat their offer.
deleted-user·
I'd tell them. Might as well. Sounds like a win-win.
deleted-user·
How are your benefits at current employer?
deleted-user·
I would probably just take the new job..but that's just me.
deleted-user·
Assuming the new place has a better system in place for reviews and raises, you can go into that job expecting to receive regular pay increases. However, if your current job decides to match or slightly beat your other offer so they can keep you, most likely that will be the last raise you see for a long time, unless your current company commits to restructuring how they operate.
deleted-user·
I would just go. My husbands done this before. Made promises to do this and that to further his career so he gave up on one opportunity. They never went through with things they said so he walked away from it
deleted-user·
I would talk to the new manager and let them know you were offered better benefits and money. If you want to stay then ask for the same stuff. If not then just give your notice. I'd always go with what is best for me and my family
RayOfMySunShine·
Thank you for your suggestions! I'm going to talk to the new manager in the morning and see what they want to do. If they don't bat an eye to a better offer then I'll probably stay. If they can't match the new job I guess I'll be starting in 2 weeks lol
RayOfMySunShine·
Looks like I'm going to have a new job lol. Yay! I'm excited!
deleted-user·
Congrats!!