Recovery So my baby decided to turn at 38 weeks so I may possibly have a c section. I'm super scared…
Recovery
So my baby decided to turn at 38 weeks so I may possibly have a c section. I'm super scared because it is not what I expected at all. My doctor will allow me to try a breech vaginal delivery but if it ends in a c section then I would have gone through all that. Otherwise I can schedule one for Wednesday. Im just scared if I schedule it then what if I would have waited and he flipped after but I don't know. I'm just wondering which I should choose. How do scheduled c sections work? What is recovery like afterwards? Do I have to have a catheter? Like what should I expect afterwards? I would honestly prefer to be up and moving as soon as I can because I know it would help healing. I also don't want to take strong pain medicine afterwards if I can because isn't that what affects your milk coming in a baby feeling sleepy while breastfeeding. Although I know I would take them if really needed. My hospital is very baby friendly so I know I can get skin to skin while I'm getting closed up which I do enjoy and appreciate. I don't know though I'm just scared I guess. Any advice would really help please. Is it better to go ahead and schedule or wait and see if he flips or try breech delivery but may end up in a c section anyway?
deleted-user·
I'd schedule for 40 weeks. If you go into labor sooner, go in and ask for an ultrasound to check. If breech, they will do the section when you go into labor. But if baby ends up head down, you can keep laboring.
Also, find a chiropractor certified in Webster and do your "spinning babies" exercises.
Miranda Cano·
В ожидании первенца
That sounds like a good idea but I live over an hour away from the hospital so I would be worried I wouldn't make it in time or I would cause damage by not getting in fast enough. I don't know. ?
And I am going to a chiro and doing the spinning babies but it's so late idk what would help much. I may not have enough fluid for an ecv either.