We've been planning to christen our daughter in march ever since a month after she was born.…
We've been planning to christen our daughter in march ever since a month after she was born. Unfortunately my fiancé's dad got hurt really bad the day be for Christmas and he will require lots of time in the hospital and rehab to recover so we don't know if he will be able to make her christening if it's in march. In the beginning my fiancé mentioned waiting until he was better but we don't know when that will be. My daughter will be 5 months in march and I feel bad if her grandfather can't make her christening but I don't want to wait much longer. I have mixed feelings about it. What do you mom's think?
Cassie Lee·
Мама дочки (4 года)
Hmm.. What kind of man is he? Would he understand or would he be hurt before he understood? I feel like personally I'd wait. Knowing he could have missed it with no options of being able to.. But if he's a 'shit happens' kinda guy.. Who knows you really want this done in March.. Do it when planned.. Has he said anything about it?
Desaray·
Мама дочки-младенца
@cassielee, He is actually a really great guy. But he does have that close of a bond with my daughter just I honestly feel they will get closer the older she gets I believe he's waiting until they can interact a little more and my MIL just try's to push everything like it's coming from him but it's really her. Who is and wants to be so involved with our Daughter. I feel bad because he is a sweet caring guy but I feel like everybody else cares more about the situation more than he does. And my mom is in my ear telling me I shouldn't wait but I don't want to be selfish about it so idk also it is their first grandchild
Desaray·
Мама дочки-младенца
He doesn't *
Cassie Lee·
Мама дочки (4 года)
Can you talk to him about it? It actually could upset him if you postpone something on his behalf.. Especially if you were influenced. Talk to him then make your decision. Don't want you unhappy with your decision either.
Desaray·
Мама дочки-младенца
@cassielee, right and I don't want to postpone it and he still can't make it so we see him Sunday I should see how he feels about it.
Desaray·
Мама дочки-младенца
@cubanese, right I don't really mind waiting til may or June and maybe that will give him motivation to work hard when he starts PT il talk to him about it too
Desaray·
Мама дочки-младенца
@cubanese, @cassielee, thanks ladies
Cassie Lee·
Мама дочки (4 года)
Let us know how it turns out!! Good luck❤️❤️ that sounds like a good plan pushing it just a little longer