some advice please. 25 weeks... I decided a few weeks back i wanted a c section... I have discussed…
some advice please. 25 weeks... I decided a few weeks back i wanted a c section... I have discussed with my family, partner there are many reasons I have decided this is best for me and I'm addimant after a natural birth before this is what I want... has anyone else decided during Thier pregnancy this was what they wanted and gone ahead ... my midwifes off for 2 weeks but I'm under consultant care I'm seeing him Thursday was going to discuss with him too. xx
Terri·
Мама сына (11 лет), беременна (37 нед.)
do u get to choose? i thought was only if medical reason. unless thats why in your case.
i personally wouldnt opt for this due to the recovery after. xx
jody·
Мама двоих (1 год, 1 год), ждёт третьего
im with @tg123456789 unless i had no choice id never opt for a section. because of recovery x
Terri·
Мама сына (11 лет), беременна (37 нед.)
would drive me insane. going from not been able to do next to nowt now to having baby thinking yessssss can at least hang washing out without back steain ect to going to 6 weeks recovery with no car or been able to get about off sofa ect for baby. xx
Suzanna bishop·
Мама четверых детей, беременна
I've been refused twice for a section they made me have counselling the whole last pregnancy only to then book my section post 40 weeks deliberately knowing I would need to deliver due to health complications ( which I did by induction due to pre eclampsia at 37 w and refused to the section then ) I asked twice now under consultant care and she has said no! She won't have me on the operating table with my health issues and bleeding issues by choice. So told me to suck it up and have another vaginal delivery. They won't book a section that far ahead anyway. But my reasons for wanting it was I've had retained products ie placenta every delivery ( 4 prior) and I had an emergency D&c day 10 after being rushed in bleeding and screaming the place down. I was told at the time to have a section if I had another and guess what - the answer is no! Technically they can't refuse due to guidelines but they can make it as hard as possible to do it. The counselling I had last time was so frequent but I went to everyone and even the midwife agreed it would reduce complications but doctor said it would create others as I have to take blood thinners and have factor 5 Leiden
Leah·
В ожидании первенца
If it's what you feel is the best option for you then there's no harm in trying! My family members were pushing me to have a c-section saying it was far easier (I didn't think it was as the recovery is apparently longer). Due to my family history of big babies which always resulted in an emergency c-section I'm afraid I might have to go down the same route, although I'm hoping I won't have any complications. Just do your research and if it's what you want then push for it, they can't refuse you in the end unless there's a big medical reason. xx