Мамлайф
Мамлайф
Приложение для мам
Bria
Bria
В ожидании первенца

I'm getting so frustrated. Induction is really being pushed on me. I don't want any interventions!…

I'm getting so frustrated. Induction is really being pushed on me. I don't want any interventions! I'm 41w today and they're making it a huge deal. I want to wait until at least 42w. I have another appointment to be monitored on Tuesday and was told they're going to "strongly advise" that I stay there to be induced. If my baby isn't ready, why would I force her out? As long as my placenta is giving her what she needs I see no issues!! I asked if they could strip my membranes but they said no since she's too high, there's a risk they could break my water bag. So she's not even in a good position!!! Ugh.

19

Комментарии

mommyhammond2016

Heather

Мама двоих (1 год, 3 года), ждёт третьего

there some problems drs worry about like baby can get stressed and poop in the sac and eat machonium which happened to my first when my Dr popped my water she said she wouldn't know how baby would have been another 24hrs it was scary I'm not trying to scare you especially if you don't want to be induced I am just givinng my experience and say sometimes there are reasons why they do induction and why they worry

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
mrshutchison1

Deborah lamar

Мама троих детей

it's best the baby to be out now the baby is ready there's so many things that could go wrong medically mama it's the safest thing to do now for you and baby

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
reina_den

regina

В ожидании первенца

My friend's baby was 2weeks late and my friend really didn't want to get induced. When baby was finally ready she was too big and my friend had to het a c-section anyway. Baby was 10lbs! I think the placenta starts deteriorating after awhile and baby will get too big to push out naturally and by that time situation may be emergent. This is a hard decision but at the same time you are overdue and have to think about the baby's overall health

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
momma_2_batbaby

Jasmine

Мама подростка

my sister was 3 weeks late and passes a bm in there and almost swallowed it and died that's why they push it on you hun :(

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
tiffany_sanft

Tiffany

В ожидании первенца

My mom had me two weeks late with no interventions and everything turned out perfectly fine. I say, hear the doctors out and voice your concerns, but at the end of the day, go with what your heart is telling you. Don't let anyone bully you into doing something you feel isn't right. Now if there's a medical issue that needs to be addressed than by all means you should definitely be induced, but if your baby is fine, than let her be. It's your baby, after all. The final decision should be yours. ❤️

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
jazzyjazz

Jazzmin

Мама сына (1 год), беременна (22 нед.)

When I was first pregnant my doc wanted to induce me 2 weeks before my due date he said my baby boy was ready and that if I waited longer he'll probably be too big to push...I thought the same as you that why should I force him to come,my son will come out when he's ready...so I told the doc that I didn't want to that'll wait till my water breaks...about a week later my son was born just 3 days before due date...everything was fine he was healthy and wasn't big weighed 7 lbs..I think my doc just wanted to make more $ ..so I say go with ur gut feeling :)

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
missing144user

missing144user

Мама сына-младенца

they can't force you to stay and be induced unless it's an emergency. just get up and leave.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
missing144user

missing144user

Мама сына-младенца

also one of my besties had her son at 42+4 and he was PERFECTLY HEALTHY. don't listen to everyone trying to be all negative. you know Ramona the best and you know your body.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@mommyhammond2016, I've been monitored and had an ultrasound and nst almost every single day since I was 40 weeks. And my aunts first baby died from meconium because she was 2 weeks over due. But she had no monitoring, and her next baby was monitored very closely (like I am) to make sure there were no issues. If there's a problem if gladly get induced for the safety of my baby. But they want to do it just to be cautious and I don't believe I need any medical interventions.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@mrshutchison1, my water bag fluids are safe, she responds to the no stress test with a perfect score every day, my placenta is still thriving, and her cord is fine. It's more risk to put her and my body under the stress of induction when we're not ready. My body was made to do this, I trust it and believe that it'll do what it's meant to!

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
dontberidiculous

dontberidiculous

Мама сына (8 лет), беременна (26 нед.)

I had my first at 42+4 and he was healthy. I was induced and labor was 27 hours but he came vaginally. As long as baby isn't stressed and there are no issues you should be able to wait a bit longer as long as the Doctor feels it's safe to do so.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@rmnavarro, my placenta is still thriving and giving baby all necessary nutrients, although I do know that's the biggest issue at this point. It's being checked regularly! And my friend gave birth to a 10lb 11oz baby vaginally with no issues. That's almost 11lbs. If my body is capable, it'll happen. If she gets stuck and an emergency c section is necessary and that's okay, too. It's scary but if I get induced and my body doesn't respond in time or my water breaks and I don't have her within 24 hours then I'd have to get an emergency cesarean anyways and I'll end up in the same place!

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@momma_2_batbaby, this usually only happens when the placenta stops giving the nutrients that the baby needs. Mine is still fine so I'm not worried about that. It did happen to my aunt and her son, and she had a still birth. It was very sad and scary and I wouldn't put my baby in danger if I thought that would be an issue.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@tiffany_sanft, thanks for being positive!! Birth should not be scary and I feel even more pushed into it and less supported than I did before!! Lol. I'll be 41+2 when they want to do it and that's the date most FTM go into labor without intervention. I was contracting yesterday so I think my body is preparing and I should give it until 42w. If I get that far or any of my levels get low or baby is in distress I'll go for the induction, but I see no point if everything is okay!

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@jazzyjazz, I'm glad you stood up for yourself and your little one! Most people listen to whatever their dr says even if it's bad advice. I left my first OB because he has the highest c section rate in my area. He's only in it for the money. It's disgusting!

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
bria.k

Bria

В ожидании первенца

@tae23, I know they said I have the choice to deny it but that they strongly advise I go for it and I was warned that they'll be trying to convince me, which probably means they'll be trying to scare me into it! Thank you for your positivity as well, mama. I need it to stay strong!! I'm sick of people saying something will go wrong when there's no medical reason it would.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
tiffany_sanft

Tiffany

В ожидании первенца

@bria.k, of course! Nobody should push you into anything you're not 100% comfortable with, especially during pregnancy/labor. Most people are pretty in tune with their bodies and know when something's wrong, so if you feel everything is okay, I don't see the need for an induction. Babies come when babies wanna come. That's why it's called an ESTIMATED due date for a reason. You've got this, mama.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
tiffany_sanft

Tiffany

В ожидании первенца

And for everyone saying something is going to go wrong for this reason or that reason, please do your research on induction. When it's not absolutely needed it causes more issues than it does good. I'm all for induction when it's absolutely needed, but just to do it is absurd. The medication they use to induce, makes contractions longer and stronger which often times puts mama and baby at risk causing a higher need for C section. Positivity is what she needs right now, not more people trying to scare her.

Отметок «Нравится»: 0
mamalamadingdong

Kristen

I went through this same ordeal with medical induction looming at 42 weeks. I finally went into labor at 41w6d and had tried pretty much every natural, safe technique there is. If I had to credit anything, I'd say it was the chiropractic adjustment I got. I had a high posterior cervix, was 0 cm dilated and minimal effacement the day before I went in. I could tell I was misaligned in my pelvic region because it was my second child (you carry further out with your second because your stomach muscles have already been stretched) and I think he was blocked by my pelvic bone. Does your stomach pull forward where there is a major arch in your lower back? This could be the case for you as well. The chiro swore I'd go into labor within 1-2 days of the adjustment and well, it was almost exactly 2 days to the hour. I had my bloody show, contractions sped up to 3 min apart, went into the hospital and then went from 1 cm dilated to 4 cm within one hour. The nurse was amazed, lol. Who knows, though! I feel for you... It's stressful when you want it to be natural. Oh, but when you DO go into labor, do some nipple stimulation to speed up your contractions. I can't stress enough how big of a difference it makes- I wish I had done it with my first!

Отметок «Нравится»: 0